MBPS Initiatives to Maximize the ICV Content
In Country Value (ICV) through a number of initiatives that it has actively undertaken through the years. As one of the largest Middle Eastern Oilfield Service Companies based in Oman, MBPS firmly believes that it has a special responsibility in establishing increased employment and sustainable development opportunities. The MBPS ICV plan involves a package of measures aimed at supporting local community companies through increased procurement of goods and services as well as improving the capacity and capability of Omani people and companies. MBPS has been hiring, training, supporting and investing in Oman since the 1980’s. The key aims of the company’s ICV strategy are:
1. Investment in Fixed Assets
2. Omanization in the Workforce
3. Training of Omani’s
4. Development of National Training, Education and R&D Institutions
5. Local Sourcing of the Goods & Subcontracted Services
6. Development of National Suppliers
MBPS has made several contributions pursuant to the above objectives and will continue to do so in the future.
1. Investment in Fixed Assets – MBPS has invested in several movable and immovable assets within Oman which include real estate, coiled tubing units, rigs, hoists, well test packages, vehicles, mud logging units and camps.
2. Omanization in the Workforce – MBPS has in excess of 80% Omanization and drives an Omani Graduate Recruitment Program called ‘TATWEER’ in liaison with the Sultan Qaboos University and Caledonian College.
3.Training of Omani’s – MBPS has its own in house Training center with Training Managers for every service line delivering Operations training to Omani Employees for - Drilling, Workover, Drilling Fluids, Mud Logging, Well Testing & Clean Up, Coiled Tubing, Slickline and Memory Logging. Over 20 HSE courses are administered in house. Our in-house training center is the first Training Provider in Oman to be ISO 29990 certified. This International Standard provides a model for Quality professional practice and performance. It’s an assurance to our employees and the clients that the design, development and delivery of training meets this international benchmark.
4. Development of National Training, Education and R&D Institutions – Apart from providing employees with training internally, MBPS also engages a number of External Omani Training Institutions for enhancing the competencies of its employees. In addition to that, MBPS actively provides training to Omani University Students, Omanis working for competitors and clients, Local Community Contractor (LCC) Omani employees.
5. Local Sourcing of the Goods & Subcontracted Services – MBPS locally sources goods and services from over 30 Omani companies. Furthermore, the company also engages LCC’s for subcontracting services to boost Omani businesses and to create increased employment opportunities in the Sultanate.
6. Development of National Suppliers – MBPS through its sister company UES provides engineering and maintenance support to drilling, workover and production services operations. The workshop has all the necessary equipment required for major repair and overhauls. It is located in Muscat and caters to the inspection, maintenance & certification of the drilling & work over rigs and ancillary equipment. The facility is equipped with fabrication facilities for heavy equipment and vessels, high pressure test bay, sand blasting & paint shop. The workshop has a storage yard for tubulars, heavy equipment and vessels and chemicals. In addition, the Rusayl Oilfield Center workshop has its own high-pressure test bay, fabrication shop, sand blasting and painting facilities.